thereviewarchive

The Review Archive

Fashion Design student and Beauty Stylist that is passioned about books and anything that stimulates the creative side on people. Here is a place to talk about anything bookish related.

The Lies of Locke Lamora
Scott Lynch
Attachments
Rainbow Rowell
Progress: 5 %

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

"St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger....

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever."

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I didn't enjoyed this first book at all. I've been trying to read this little guy for about six months and nothing, NOTHING made me want to pick up this book back again, that made me read about 30+ books before I've forced myself to finish this one.

I know this series is quite popular, but I wasn't able to deal with it at all, maybe it's because I have no patience what so ever to vampire books ever since I've read Twilight, but I dunno... The only thing that I'm sure is that I'm not going to go on with this series at all. I did liked a few parts and truly agree that Rose Hathaway is a badass female character, but it didn't make me want to go on just because of her.